The wound care team at Norton King's Daughters' Health is made up of providers and nurses who receive specialized training in advanced wound care management. They strive to heal each wound as quickly as possible. Often, wounds heal faster by treating the underlying cause and applying evidence-based, medical and surgical treatments that are outcome focused. For some patients, healing may be delayed due to blood flow issues, infection, underlying health conditions or poor nutrition.
Types of Wounds
The Wound Care Team treats all types of skin ulcers, including:
- Diabetic ulcers
- Pressure injuries
- Arterial ulcers
- Venous ulcers
- Trauma and minor burns
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Delayed complications from radiation therapy (cancer treatments)
- Compromised grafts or flaps
- Ulcers caused by a bone infection
- Ulcers caused by other diseases or medications
A variety of treatment options are available. These may include:
- Cleaning the wound and converting it to an acute wound so the immune system will help heal it.
- Advanced wound dressings that are moist and reduce pain
- Dressings that reduce infection without the need for antibiotics
- Cell and tissue-based technologies to close the wound earlier
- Compression wraps to reduce the fluid in your legs
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- Special devices to reduce pressure
Exceptional teamwork, coordinated care, advanced technologies and excellent outcomes are available from the dedicated Wound Center team at Norton King's Daughters' Health.