The general surgery team at King’s Daughters' Health has a wealth of experience in the surgical field. Patient satisfaction surveys indicate that patients continue to be highly satisfied with their overall surgical care.
David Schumacher, MD | General Surgery and Bariatrics
Gilbert Field, DO | General Surgery and Wound Care
General surgeons provide a variety of care. Simple procedures can be done in the office. More involved surgeries are completed in an advanced surgical suite.
General surgery includes:
- Gallbladder—open and laparoscopic.
- Hernia repair—open and laparoscopic.
- Appendectomy—open and laparoscopic.
- Colon resections—open and laparoscopic.
- Thyroid surgeries.
- Breast biopsies—open, stereotactic and needle localization.
- Breast surgery—lumpectomy, mastectomy and sentinel node biopsy.
- Varicose veins—removal and injections.
- Skin lesions (cancers).
- Wound care.
- Skin grafts.
- Ingrown toenails.
- Central lines.
- G-tubes for feeding.
- Skin flaps.
- Lymph node biopsies.
General surgeons at King's Daughters' believe that each patient and each surgery is unique. Teamwork is very important, and the patient is directly involved in their care.