Monday, August 7, 2017
Hosted by Hanover College, King's Daughters' Health presents: FUEL UP! Current Trends in Sports Nutrition at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 17 at the Horner Center on the Hanover College campus. The program is FREE for all local athletes, parents, and community members. It's sponsored by the Gatorade Sports Science Institute.
Dawn Weatherwax, RD, CSSD, LD, ATC, CSCS, is a Registered Dietitian with a specialty in Sports Nutrition and Founder of Sports Nutrition 2Go. She is also a Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics, which is the premier professional sports nutrition credential in the United States. Her clients have included former NFL and Major League Baseball players, and she has spoken at over 200 college/universities.
FUEL UP! includes ...
- Hydration and avoiding muscle cramps;
- Proper nutrition and optimal times to eat;
- Optimizing nutrition to improve performance.
Did you know ...
- Sports nutrition can increase performance by up to 15 percent?
- About 66 percent of athletes are dehydrated during competition?
- When 1 percent dehydrated, athletic performance can decline up to 12 percent?
- 75 percent of athletes do not eat the right mixture of foods?
"When it comes to improving athletic performance and reducing injury, knowing when, what, and how often to eat (and drink) is one of the best kept secrets in the sports industry," Weatherwax says. "You, too, would be amazed if you knew what I know about Sports Nutrition and the impact it can have on an athlete's game."
Local high school and college coaches are encouraged to bring their teams for this insightful presentation. Learn more about Dawn Weatherwax at www.SN2GO.com