Contact: Dave Ommen
King’s Daughters’ Health will host a walk-in COVID-19 vaccine booster event from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 9 at its Main Campus Medical Building, 1373 East SR 62, Madison. Participants will have the opportunity to receive a half-dose of the Moderna vaccine. Eligible patients who prefer to receive the Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson vaccine booster may contact the Jefferson County Health Department for an appointment.
To be eligible for the Moderna booster, participants must meet the following criteria:
- Be fully vaccinated (2 shots of Moderna or Pfizer or one dose of Johnson & Johnson);
- Been fully vaccinated for at least 6 months for Moderna or Pfizer (last shot on May 9 or before);
- Been fully vaccinated for at least 2 months for Johnson & Johnson (first shot on September 9 or before);
- Be age 65-older or;
- Have a health condition which puts the participant at high risk of severe Covid, and/or;
- Have an occupation or work in an institutional setting that puts the participant at high risk of exposure.
Participants should bring a copy of their vaccination card with them to the event and may receive a half-dose of the Moderna vaccine even if they previously received the Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Those with questions about the booster vaccines are encouraged to speak with their personal care provider.
The Jefferson County Health Department offers all three vaccines and is open Monday through Friday for both boosters and vaccinations. Individuals may schedule online at www.ourshot.in.gov or walk-ins are accepted as time permits.