King's Daughters' Health provides a wide range of health and wellness services to its employees and the community. Wellness and prevention are important tools to build and maintain good health. Whether through activities, nutrition, or support, KDH Wellness encourages you to make your health a priority.
Below are some of the programs and activities provided through KDH Wellness:
- Girls on the Run - a national program offered for girls in Grades 3-5 in Jefferson County (IN). The 2019 program begins September 16 and includes a 10-week season that culminates in the girls completing a 5K Fun Run and season-ending celebration. Participants receive 20 supervised lessons along with a free pair of new running shoes.
Register at www.kdhgirlsontherun.org
- Fit Kids - a seven-week education program for all 5th Grade classrooms in Jefferson County (IN) elementary schools that focuses on healthy eating and physical activity.
- RUN the FALLS 5K - annual 5K run/walk in September at Clifty Falls State Park. Registration is now open for the 2019 event on Saturday, September 28. Early-bird registration ends September 15.
- Strive for 5 Weight Loss - community education weight loss program that uses five challenges over five weeks to help people lose five (or more) pounds.
- Women's Safety & Self Defense - a workshop designed to educate women about risk awareness, risk avoidance, risk reduction, and risk recognition, along with tools to physical defend themselves if every attacked.
- Corporate Wellness Resources - these resources provide support for corporate wellness challenges, on-site biometric screenings and flu shots, plus Lunch & Learn educational sessions.
- Wellness Presentations - a speaker can be made available to discuss a wide range of health topics for schools, businesses, meetings, and philanthropic events.
- House of Health Education - working with the Jefferson County Health Department, these free community programs are held at the Clearinghouse House of Hope Food Pantry in downtown Madison (Corner of 1st and West Streets) once a month.
- Healthy Lifestyles Committee - part of the Healthy Communities Initiative of Jefferson County.
- Special Events - these may be coordinated in advance to target specific men's and women's health issues, or be included as part of a health conference or outing.
- Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNI) - This annual assessment is completed once every three years. The Implementation Strategy for the CHNI is updated each year.
- KDH Employee Wellness - these programs are offered on a recurring basis for KDH team members and may include weight loss and fitness activities, among others.
To learn more about KDH Wellness or to inquire about a specific event for your group or organization, please contact Heather Foy at 812.801.0175 or firstname.lastname@example.org.