Seniorcize | November - December
12/11/2017 9:30 AM (EST)
The KDH Rehabilitation Center offers a Seniorcize: Physical Activity Class specifically designed for seniors and older adults. FREE Classes are Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. at the KDH Rehabilitation Center, 2670 Michigan Road in Madison. Classes are limited to 15 participants. Call 812.801.0545 to RSVP and/or check on availability.
This class series runs from Monday, November 27,through Wednesday, December 21. Class times are 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. every Monday and Wednesday during the session.
The class includes general strength-building activities for your arms, legs and core (abdominal/back muscles). Other exercises will include balance activities to increase your stability and reduce your risk of falls.Physical activity offered through this class helps to:
- Reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases such as heart disease;
- Aides in the management of active problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity and high cholesterol;
- Improve the ability to function and stay independent in the face of active problems such as disease or arthritis;
- Improve or maintain muscle and bone mass;
- Improve balance and reduce fall risk;
- Improve cardiovascular endurance;
- Improve functional ability (getting out of chairs, carrying groceries, lifting grandchildren).
If you have specific questions, call the Rehab Center at 812.801.0545. Although theclass is geared toward seniors, any adult is welcome to attend. We can adjust programs to fit the needs of participants.
In the event we do not have enough people register for the class, we may have to postpone or cancel.