Our goal is to provide you and your family with exceptional care.
We do this by offering advanced treatment options, innovative technology, outstanding facilities, and a team of medical professionals who are dedicated to the highest standards of medicine.
Recognition and Accomplishments
- 4-Star Rating for Hospital Quality and Patient Experience.
- Leapfrog Grade "A" Safety Rating for three straight rating periods.
- Top 100 Rural Hospital Designation
Projects for Continuous Improvement
- We have developed a process to identify patients with a diagnosis of Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) to help ensure a successful transition to their home environment.
- We have implemented a national best practice which includes free medication for patients with a diagnosis of COPD to prevent exacerbations resulting in difficulty breathing and additional hospitalizations.
- We provide one-on-one patient and family education along with binders to help manage follow-up appointments, medications, instructions, and information and managing diagnoses of Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and COPD in the home setting.
- Our Living Well program is aimed at addressing key strategies to keep our Medicare patients healthy. These strategies include Annual Wellness Visits, Transitional Care Management, and Chronic Care Management.
Participation in Community Wellness
- We have a strong Women's Cancer Support Group that meets monthly - offering support and education. To learn more, call Natalie Thornsberry at (812) 801-0653.
- We support the Healthy Community Initiative by participating on the Healthy Lifestyles, Suicide Prevention and Substance Abuse/Mental Health teams.
Quality Compare Links
Below are links to access updated quality information about KDH and other hospitals throughout the country - available through national and governmental resources.
Comparing Home Health Agencies
Compare Nursing Homes
Additional Quality-Related Web Sites