A private, not-for-profit organization, King's Daughters' Health (KDH) is focused on delivering exceptional health services to families throughout southeast Indiana and portions of northern Kentucky. The main campus, including King's Daughters' Hospital, is located at 1373 E. State Road 62 in Madison, Indiana. We also maintain physician (provider) offices in Versailles (Indiana), Vevay (Indiana), Hanover (Indiana), Carrollton (Kentucky), and Milton (Kentucky). Additional resources include an award-winning Cancer Treatment Center, a full-service Rehabilitation Center and a Convenient Care Center.
Mission and values
The mission of King's Daughters' Health is to improve the health of our patients through care, service and education.
All KDH locations, including the Indiana hospital and all provider offices, are tobacco-free. This includes all parking lots, sidewalks and landscaped areas. Thank you for helping us maintain a clean and tobacco-free environment for all of our patients, guests and visitors.
The inspiration of 12 local women became a reality when Drusilla Cravens, a wealthy widow, agreed to donate the house that was used as the first hospital on Aug. 25, 1899. Since that time, King's Daughters' Health has grown into a regional healthcare facility, serving families from more than five counties. Formerly located in historic downtown Madison, KDH opened its new, hilltop campus in early 2013. Throughout this time, our mission has remained the same.
1899: First hospital opened on August 25.
1915: KDH moved to its former location (downtown location on Presbyterian Avenue).
1937: Dr. Thomas and Martha J. Sanderson Addition opened.
1957: Dr. Evan C. Totten Wing opened.
1971: Fourth floor added: Druscilla Home Addition.
1978: Rinda F. Rains Wing completed.
1984: Two floors added to Rinda Rains Wing.
1986: Versailles Medical Building opened.
1992: KDH Rehabilitation Center opened on Madison's hilltop.
1994: KDH Cancer Center opened.
1996: Madison Internal Medicine joined KDH.
1997: Madison Clinic joined KDH.
1999: Trimble County Medical Building opened south of Milton.
2001: Medical Office Building opened downtown—adjacent to former hospital.
2008: New hospital project approved for hilltop campus.
2010: Groundbreaking for the new hilltop campus.
2013: New hospital and hilltop campus opened.
2015: New Cancer Treatment Center opened on main campus.