When a prospective student requests an application to the program, he/she is sent a program description and King’s Daughters’ Health School of Radiologic Technology application.
Printable Enrollment Application (PDF)
Pre-Admission Requirements and Procedures
Each applicant for the program in Radiologic Technology must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited high school or have a GED certificate.
- Submit a completed application post-marked no later than April 1, 2014. The application must be an original; no faxed or duplicate copies will be accepted.
- Submit three letters (3) of reference. These reference letters must not be from family or friends. They must be from individuals who can attest to the work ethic and pertinent attributes of the applicant. Ideal references will come from teachers, counselors, coaches, supervisors, pastors, etc.
- Submit ACT or SAT (or SAT I) scores. These scores must be original scores from the ACT or SAT, or they can be provided on the high school transcripts.
- Complete all necessary associate degree / college requirements. Potential applicants must complete one of two associate degree routes before being considered for enrollment: ROUTE 1 - Associate's Degree Not Completed: Applicants not possessing an associates degree or higher may complete the nine core college courses through Ivy Tech Community College at the Madison, IN campus or one of its associated regional campuses (see the "Articulation Agreement with Ivy Tech Community College" section on pages 4 and 5 on the Program Description link), or may transfer credits for the core courses into Ivy Tech (with the knowledge that 15 credit hours must be completed through Ivy Tech) and may then apply to the KDH School of Radiologic Technology. Upon successful completion of the KDH School of Radiologic Technology certificate-based program and with successful completion of the courses required through Ivy Tech, the graduating student will receive an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Imaging Science from Ivy Tech in addition to the certificate from KDH. ROUTE 2 - Associates Degree Already Completed: Applicants possessing an associates degree or higher must have taken the 15 hours of college credit-bearing general education courses (each course worth three credit hours - listed on Page 5 of the Program Description link under the "Non-Ivy Tech Associates Degree" section), either as part of their degree or in addition to their degree. NOTE: If all college course requirements are not completed by the application deadline of April 1, 2014, proof of enrollment and a current grade of "C" or better in the incomplete course(s) is required by April 1, 2014. All required college courses and their transcripts must be completed prior to June 1, 2014. If the applicant is selected for admission, an updated official transcript documenting the course grade must be presented to the program director by the June 1 deadline. Failure to submit a completed transcript by the deadline would result in the student forfeiting their seat in the class.
- Possess the physical ability to perform tasks required of radiographers, as written in the application (see the Printable Enrollment Application Link).
- Participate in a career observation day in the medical imaging department. Once the program director has received the completed application, the applicant will be notified to contact the clinical instructor of the program to schedule a career observation date. These are scheduled Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Submit a $25 non-refundable application fee. (Make checks payable to King's Daughters' Health.)
- Participate in a PSB (Pyschological Services Bureau) Health Occupations test administered at the King's Daughters' Health campus. All applicants submitting a completed application will be notified of the available test dates and times. These test dates are scheduled for early-to- mid-April each year.
- Attend an interview with the admissions committee, if requested. Interviews are typically held in early May. Following the April 1 deadline, all applications are reviewed by the admissions committee of the program. Those applications that meet the published admissions standards are then evaluated in terms of academic potential. All applicants are rated on a point system based on their high school transcripts, college transcripts, ACT/SAT scores, and PSB scores. Based on this point system, interviews are granted to the top scoring half of the applicants. Interviews are held to determine the candidate's motivation, ability to communicate, ability to work with others, and realistic orientation to the field of radiologic technology. Six qualified students will be selected from those interviewed. Two alternates will also be selected, in the event that all six students do not enter the program.
Post-Admission Requirements and Procedures
The program director sends letters of acceptance to each successful applicant. In order to confirm their position in the class, the successful applicants will be required to:
- Send a letter in writing accepting their seat with a non-refundable tuition deposit of $100 (the $100 deposit will count toward tuition - Tuition at this time is $3,000 per year).
- Pass a pre-enrollment physical which must include verification of immunizations and dates MMR (times 2), Varicella (times 2), and Tetanus/Diptheria or Tdap (vaccine every 10 years), Proof of 3 Hepatitis B vaccinations must also be presented OR the Hepatitis B vaccination series can be received OR declined at KDH. Hepatitis B vaccinations received at KDH are free of charge to the student. Two TB/PPD screenings must also be completed. These are done at KDH during the first two weeks of school, free of charge to the student. Passing the pre-enrollment physical is required for enrollment.
- Pass a urine drug screening test. A negative test screening is mandatory for enrollment. The drug screening will be performed at KDH, free of charge to the student. A drug screen that reveals the illegal use of drugs will be deemed positive. The illegal use of drugs includes, but is not limited to, taking illegal drugs, taking a prescription drug without a prescription, or exceeding the dosage of over-the-counter medications.
- Pass a background check performed by KDH, which is performed free of charge to the student.
- Purchase 3-5 student uniforms. Uniform type and color will be discussed at a class meeting that will be scheduled prior to the beginning of the program.
For information on Graduation Requirements, visit the Program Description link.