Each year, some 400 families celebrate the birth of a new child at King’s Daughters’ Health. Our OB team is comprised of experienced nurses and exceptional physicians. Learn more about our OB physicians and nurse practitioner by linking to our OB team.
New KDH NOW OPEN
The new King's Daughters' Hospital opened on February 23, 2013. Our new labor and delivery suites provide the comfort, space, and ammenities you want. We even have a starlight nursery. Here are two computer-generated images of how the new OB postpartum and Labor-Delivery Suites llook ...
Why chose KDH for your baby? Read some of our Patient Stories.
Classes and Programs
King's Daughters' offers a variety of prenatal and family education classes. Please see class topics listed below and visit our Calendar section for specific dates and times. We also provide a Lactation consultant on staff for moms who have questions or need assistance with breast feeding. In addition to our exceptional nursing staff, KDH offers new moms a variety of social services to help them find needed resources in their community.
To enhance the safety of all new moms and babies, the KDH obstetrics unit is equipped with an infant security system and central monitoring system.
Normal visiting hours are from 12:00 - 8:00 p.m. Dads are welcome to stay overnight and throughout your hospital stay. Siblings may visit their new brother or sister as long as they are not sick or contagious as this could risk exposure to other families. We understand the importance of sharing your celebration with family and friends. We will do our best to accommodate all visiting requests as you feel able. Should you desire a period of rest, tell the nursing staff and they will share your request with any visitors who may stop by.
- Prepared Childbirth Essentials - This class series covers the labor and delivery process, pain relief options, and mother and infant care. There are also classes about breastfeeding, Cesarean birth, and infant safety and CPR. A Grandparent Class is offered during Week 5 of the program. Classes meet once a week and a new weekend option is also available. Ideal for Moms in their 2nd or 3rd trimester. A Weekend Prepared Childbirth option is also available, providing the same information in a one-session Saturday class.
- Lamaze Childbirth Classes - Designed for moms in their late second or third trimester. This program teaches expectant couples breathing techniques, comfort measures, and position changes to help deal with the discomforts of labor and delivery. Classes are scheduled by appointment and presented in a one-one-one environment.
- Sibling Classes - This one-hour class is for future big brothers and sisters ages 2-8 years old. The program prepares siblings for what the new baby will look like, how they can help with the new baby, and how the new baby will act. A tour of the OB unit is included. Parents are encouraged to be with the sibling.
- Breastfeeding Plus Class - Held on the first Tuesday of each month, the class offers information on breastfeeding in the early weeks - pumping, returning to work, and overcoming breastfeeding challenges.
- Smart Parenting Program - This parent education program is designed to give parents important, basic information to assist them in being the best possible parents. The program consists of meeting for 15 minutes with a Nurse Educator in the OB Office after each of your prenatal visits.
For more specific details on any of these classes, contact Natalie Hill at 812.801.0990 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can register online and see more information in our Calendar section.
Location and contact information
Obstetrics, or OB as it’s often called, is located on the second floor of the King’s Daughters’ Hospital. To reach the Nurses Station on the OB unit, call 812-801-0158. A staff member can help answer questions. To speak with the Director, please call 812-801-0768 or e-mail Debra Bridges at email@example.com.