Healthy Beginnings Program
The Healthy Beginnings™ Program encompasses all that we do—providing you a healthy and rewarding birthing experience. We want you and your new baby to have a healthy beginning together.
Our Healthy Beginnings program includes many classes—including prenatal education, Lamaze, labor and delivery, grandparent and siblings, and many more. For a complete, up-to-date listing of classes, please see our Calendar section of the Web site.
- Prepared Childbirth Essentionals - This course series covers the labor and delivery process, pain relief options, and mother and infant care. There are also classes about breastfeeding, Cesarean birth, and infant safety and CPR. A Grandparent Class is offered during Week 5 of the program. Classes meet once a week and a new weekend option is also available. Ideal for Moms in their 2nd or 3rd trimester. Weekend Prepared Childbirth classes are also available, providing the same information during a single, one-day session.
- Lamaze Childbirth Classes - Designed for moms in their late second or third trimester. This program teaches expectant couples breathing techniques, comfort measures, and position changes to help deal with the discomforts of labor and delivery. Classes are by appointment and presented in one-on-one sessions.
- Sibling Classes - This class is for future big brothers and sisters ages 2-8 years old. The program prepares siblings for what the new baby will look like, how they can help with the new baby, and how the new baby will act. A tour of the OB unit is included. Parents are encouraged to be with the sibling.
- Breastfeeding Plus Class - Held on the first Tuesday of each month, the class offers information on breastfeeding in the early weeks - pumping, returning to work, and overcoming breastfeeding challenges.
- Smart Parenting Program - This parent education program is designed to give parents important, basic information to assist them in being the best possible parents. The program consists of meeting for 15 minutes with a Nurse Educator in the OB Office after each of your prenatal visits.
For moms wanting to breastfeed, King's Daughters' Health provides a lactation consultant on staff to answer questions and serve as a resource.
Back to top