King's Daughters' Health provides many clinical and diagnostic laboratory services. Our goal is to provide exceptional accuracy with a focus on efficiency. We know your time is valuable. Laboratory services at KDH are accredited by the College of American Pathologists, COLA, and CLIA. Highly trained, experienced team members are ready to serve you. You may contact the hospital laboratory at (812) 801-0178.
Routine Blood Tests in Indiana / Direct Access Testing
Direct Access Testing
offers you the opportunity to complete many routine blood tests in
Madison, Indiana at a reduced cost and without the need for a physician
(provider) order. Direct Access Testing is available at the primary KDH
Laboratory on the first floor of the hospital.
Direct Access Testing Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturdays - 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m..
View a complete list of current blood tests available here: Direct Access Testing.
Call the Lab at 812-801-0178 for more information.
Drug Screening Testing / Information
King's Daughters' Health can provide your organization with efficient and cost-effective drug screening testing. We recognize the importance of a drug-free workplace. Drug and Alcohol Testing includes a variety of drug and alcohol testing services. These range from DOT Drug Screenings, Non-DOT Screens, Rapid Drug Screens, and Breath Alcohol Tests.
For specific pricing information, contact the KDH Laboratory at (812) 801-0178. Basic pricing is as follows:
- Breath Alcohol: $43
- Blood Alcohol: $173
- In-house Non-DOT Drug Screen: $50
- Confirmation $35 (*All positive results will be sent to Quest with a Chain of Custody to confirm)
- DOT Screening $50
Notes: DOT and Non-DOT Breath: For DOT, we adhere to the regulations mandated by the Federal Government. For Non-DOT screens, although the Federal mandates are not required, we still follow the same guidelines. This is the same for the Urine Drug Screens. We follow all Federal mandates. For Rapid Drug Screens, these are only available for Non-DOT. All non-negative results are sent to a lab for GCMS confirmation.
Common laboratory services:
- Cardiac, thyroid and tumor markers
- Blood Banking Transfusion Service
- Microbiology - including antibiotic sensitivity testing
- Therapeutic Drug Testing
Outpatient services are conveniently offered at the main hospital (first floor) from 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. on Saturdays. We also offer outpatient lab services at the following locations from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday:
- Clifty Drive Medical Building, 445 Clifty Drive - Madison
- Versailles Medical Building, 206 W. Tyson Street - Versailles
- Switzerland County Medical Building, 727 State Highway 56 - Vevay
- Trimble County Medical Building, 10235 U.S. Highway 421 - Milton (Ky)
- Carrollton Medical Building, 205 Marwill Drive - Carrollton (Ky)