Welcome to the KDH Convenient Care Center - convenientlly located on Madison's hilltop.
OUR LOCATION - 445 Clifty Drive, Madison, Indiana. KDH Convenient Care is now located inside the Clifty Drive Medical Building (formerly the Hilltop Clinic) at the corner of Clifty Drive and Cragmont Street. Hours remain the same. A parking lot is available on site.
Our primary medical provider at KDH Convenient Care is Dr. David Brewer. He is Board Certified in Emergency Medicine. Several other primary care and ER physicians serve at the KDH Convenient Care Center, as well as certified nurse practitioners.
Key information about KDH Convenient Care
- Convenient Care is open seven days a week
- Weekday hours are 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. (Monday through Friday)
- Weekend hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Saturday and Sunday)
- Holiday hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Labor Day, Easter, Memorial Day and 4th of July. Holiday hours also apply to Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
- Convenient Care is closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Convenient Care is located at 445 Clifty Drive, inside the Clifty Drive Medical Building.
- A qualified Physician or Nurse Practitioner is always on staff.
- Appointment-free service.
Medical Imaging (x-ray) is available
Medical Imaging (radiology) services are available on site. Imaging services will provide evaluation for ...
- Injured joints such as ankels, wrists, shoulders, etc.
- Possible broken bones or fractures;
- Lung infections such as pneumonia;
- Injuries or illness of the abdomen and spine.
When to use Convenient Care
The Convenient Care Center is designed to diagnose and treat minor injuries and illnesses that need medical attention. Patients experiencing more critical symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, severe pain, unconsciousness, or patients suffering from a serious injury, should visit the Emergency Room or call 9-1-1.
Why it's important to still see your regular physician
While Convenient Care is ideal for services when your doctor's office is closed or very busy, it's best to see your physician directly for non-emergency health concerns. He or she is familiar with your overall health and maintains a personal relationship with you.
Here are some appropriate reasons to use Convenient Care
- Sore throat (strep testing available)
- Coughs and congestion
- Minor injuries (abrasions/scrapes)
- Rashes (poison ivy, etc.)
- Bug bites
- Minor cuts - that may need a few stitches
- Basic laboratory testing - pregnancy, glucose (blood sugar), and urinalysis
If you have questions, you may contact the Convenient Care Center at 812-273-5372 during regular business hours. Our goal is to provide you will excellent and efficient care on short notice or when your doctor's office is closed.
What is Convenient Care?
Convenient Care is designed to provide you with fast, appointment-free health care for minor injuries and illnesses.
What are the benefits?
The Emergency Room is designed for serious health events. Patients with minor concerns have to wait until more critical patients are treated first. Using Convenient Care will generally offer you a shorter wait.
Why does it cost less?
Because Convenient Care does not require the same level of staff and equipment as the ER, efficient care can be delivered for less.
What type of medical provider will I see?
The KDH Convenient Care Center utilizes both qualified physicians and qualified nurse practitioners. Regardless of the date or hour, patients will see a certified medical professional.