Volunteers are very special people. They choose to help others by giving of themselves. They provide King’s Daughters’ a more valuable resource than most people realize. As a not-for-profit organization, King’s Daughters’ Health relies on volunteers to assist staff in completing many daily tasks. Volunteer efforts enable clinical staff to spend more time providing patient care.
Location and contact information
Director of Volunteer Services
Located on the Basement Level of the new hospital at 1373 East SR 62 - Madison
Assistant for Volunteer Services / Gift Shop
Located on the First Floor of the new Main Campus Medical just to the left of the Gift Shop.
Contact Paula or Phil to learn more about Volunteer opportunites at King's Daughters' Health.
The volunteer program at KDH requires a team effort. You are one of many dedicated individuals with similar goals and achievements. This not only gives you support and flexibility, but also allows you to meet new people and make new friends. In all, more than 100 volunteers from teens to retirees support King’s Daughters’ Health. Each year, KDH receives an estimated 16,000 hours worth of volunteer service—roughly the equivalent of eight full-time employees.
Many skills needed
You might be surprised at the many volunteer opportunities available at KDH. Volunteers do much more than assist at the front desk and gift shop. While those are two important functions, we also have volunteers who assist with clerical support, filing, data entry, nutrition services and much more. Whether you like computers or helping with community health events, we likely have a task that fits your interests.
Where to volunteer
Here are just some of the locations currently using volunteers:
- Guest Services Desk
- Outpatient Services Desk
- Gift shop
- Chaplain program
- Emergency Department
- Business Office
- Nutrition Services
- Marketing/Community Relations
- Physician Offices—Milton, Carrollton Vevay, Versailles, Madison, Hanover.
- Rehabilitation services.
Additional volunteer opportunities include:
- Hospice (special training included/required)
- General clerical work
- Mail delivery
- Data entry
- Magazine distribution/library cart
Click here to fill out and submit an online volunteer application or to download a pdf, click here.
Quotes about volunteering
- “If you want to like yourself, lift up someone else.”—Booker T. Washington
- “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.”—Kahlil Gibran
- “You will find as you look back on your life that the moments that stand out are the moments when you have done things for others.”—Henry Drummond