Welcome to King’s Daughters’ Health. As a private, not-for-profit organization, KDH focuses its resources toward delivering excellent patient care and customer service.
Madison Hospital and Main Campus Medical Building
Our local hospital's primary phone number: (812) 801-0800. The main campus features an 86-bed hospital and attached physician office facility.
Mission and Values
The mission of King’s Daughters’ Health is to improve the health of our patients through care, service and education.
The campus of the Indiana hospital (and all KDH provider / service locations) is (are) tobacco-free. This includes parking lots, sidewalks, and landscaped areas. Thank you for helping us maintain a clean and tobacco-free environment for all of our patients, guests, and visitors.
The Board of Managers includes seven elected Bethany Circle members, two Physicians, and two independent community members. Day-to-day operations are overseen by the Administrative team ...
President/CEO - Carol Dozier
Vice President of Finance - John Price
Vice President of Outpatient Services - Lisa Morgan
Vice President of Inpatient Services - Jennifer Liter
Vice President of Physician Services - Denine Hallgarth
Vice President of Quality - Dr. Holly Robinson
To contact KDH Administration, contact Traci Hafer at firstname.lastname@example.org
History of KDH
The inspiration of twelve local women became a reality when Drusilla Cravens, a wealthy widow, agreed to donate a house that was used as the first hospital on August 25, 1899. Today, The King’s Daughters’ serves families in parts of southeast Indiana and northern Kentucky.
1899 - Hospital opened on August 25.
1915 - KDH moved to its former (downtown location on Presbyterian Ave) location.
1937 - Dr. Thomas and Martha J. Sanderson Addition opened.
1957 - Dr. Evan C. Totten Wing opened.
1971 - 4th Floor added: Druscilla Home Addition.
1978 - Rinda F. Rains Wing completed.
1984 - Two floors added to Rinda Rains Wing.
1986 - Versailles Medical Building opened.
1992 - KDH Rehabilitation Center opened on Madison's hilltop.
1994 - KDH Cancer Center opened.
1996 - Madison Internal Medicine joined KDH.
1997 - Madison Clinic joined KDH.
1999 - Trimble County Medical Building opened south of Milton.
2001 - Medical Office Building opened downtown - adjacent to Hospital.
2008 - New Hospital project approved for hilltop campus.
2010 - Groundbreaking for the new hilltop campus.
2013 - New Hospital and hilltop campus opened.
2015 - New Cancer Treatment Center opened on main campus.